Hay Burr Inn’s all-volunteer staff is dedicated to saving the lives of horses that are victims of starvation, neglect, abuse, bound for slaughter, or whose owners are unable to provide for their needs. It is our goal to rehabilitate and restore the physical and emotional health of the horses and find them a loving home, or continue to give them the special, intensive care they need to live out their days in peace.
We run completely on donations and volunteers!
We cannot do everything we do without help. Every little bit helps. Your donations help with food, vet bills, medication, barn repairs, farrier costs, and more. The more help we have the more lives we can save!
Hay Burr Inn is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that strives to:
- Promote and provide healthy, loving and safe shelter, proper nutrition, veterinary and farrier care
- Restore trust and physical and mental health of neglected, abused and abandoned horses
- Intercept horses bound for slaughter
- Foster and locate loving forever-homes that will care for these animals; and will include a return contract if the family can no longer maintain an appropriate home for the horse.
- Ensure a lifetime of safety for our adopted horses: Horses that do not fully recover due to the severity of their physical or behavioral issues, live out the rest of their days, in peace, at our sanctuary.
- Provide educational resources in regard to the proper care, training, and horsemanship.
- Provide a humane and dignified end of life, when appropriate.
- Be an outspoken advocate for the humane treatment of animals, to diminish intentional suffering, abuse, and neglect.